I installed four new disks in PACO to fill up its internal drive bays.
The four 36 GB disks are configured in a standard stripe using DiskSuite:
d10 is a single 138 GB volume mounted under /data3 presently.
We upgraded Java in order to test a new financial aid upgrade in Banner.
The financial aid upgrade requires the newer version of Java. Instructions for performing the upgrade can be found on the Java 2 SDK installation notes web page. On PACO, the previous version of Java has non-conflicting packages in /usr/java1.1 and /usr/java1.2. We installed all the new SUNWj3* packages, which go into /usr/j2se and relinked /usr/java to point to this directory.
I just replaced the batteries on PACO and ROJ’s A1000 RAID arrays.
ROJ’s battery had actually gone bad, and both were beyond the expiration date. Both were covered under our maintenance contract.
To replace the batteries, the unit must be powered off. The replacement is simply sliding out the old canister and sliding in the new one. Once the system has been restarted, the command ‘raidutil -c target -R’ must be executed to reset the battery age counter on the device.
I also removed the two extra 36 GB drives from ROJ that we had gotten for the AMANDA backups. These will be used in EYEWI for addition onto the disk storage unit.
I installed a libxml2 package on PACO and ROJ for development purposes.
Used the GPlxml and GPlxmlx packages, version 2.4.25 for Solaris 8 from Gary Pennington.
Upgraded Samba on all systems except MIR on Friday morning.
PACO and ROJ are using Sunfreeware.com packages (requires the popt package). All others are using FreeBSD packages built on my workstation.
On installation on SHANTI, it somehow overwrote all individual entries in the smbpasswd file such that passwords were null and accounts were disabled. Restored from previous night's backup.