Yesterday I rebuilt the main campus PacketShaper to solve some lingering problems we've been seeing with a number of protocols.
I think this came from upgrading the firmware earlier this fall. We were seeing problems with FTP transfers in particular, although I had noticed problems with SSL versions of IMAP and SMTP, and others had been having (possibly unrelated) problems with the library proxy system. Resetting the shaper made it crash twice on every boot with an invalid configuration error. Since the error was unhelpful in the extreme, I opted to completely rebuild the shaper from factory defaults.
Everything seems to be working properly, again. A side benefit of this is that we can clean out the cruft that has accumulated over the past couple of years.Posted by Rowan Littell at November 06, 2003 01:44 PM, updated 09:51 AM November 03, 2005