Monday, October 20, 2008

Housekeeping: Blogger trouble

You may have noticed some glitches in Blogger's display of OAN lately. 

1. Every day for the past two weeks or so there has been a point on the front page below which all the posts are indented.  At that point, several posts are also missing.  The glitch point shows up in different places on different days, and when it moves, the posts that were previously hidden become visible again. The texts are not permanently lost and the posts are not missing critical tags.  If you can find the permalink for an individual post mangled by the glitch, clicking on it will display that post properly.
  2. In Firefox, Mozilla, and Opera, the blog doesn't display the left margin or the right sidebar, and the text doesn't wrap.  In Explorer and Chrome, these problems don't appear.  If you click on a permalink, individual posts display properly.  (Since I now use Chrome by default, I don't know how new or old this problem is.)

I suspect the problems are related but I just don't know.  I haven't revised my blog template for months.  I'm stumped and apologize for the poor service.

If you think you know what's going wrong, or how to fix either problem, please let me know

Update.  I just posted a longer description of the problem to the Blogger help group.  As soon as I did, both problems disappeared.  If only one could count on this effect--