Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New book on OA journals

David J. Solomon, Developing Open Access Journals:  A Practical Guide, Chandos Publishing, 2008.  From the author's note on the web  site:

Developing Open Access Electronic Journals: A Practical Guide is to my knowledge the first comprehensive book on creating an open access (OA) journal. Thousands of OA journals have been developed over the last 15 years and are becoming an important means of disseminating research and scholarship. While creating a new OA journal need not be difficult, it takes a wealth of specialized knowledge that most people interested in creating such journals lack. The goal of the book is to provide the essential information needed and guide someone through the process of designing and operating a successful OA journal.

I welcome your thoughts and feedback on this project and will particularly appreciate feedback on the book . Please feel free to contact me at author@developing-oa-journals.org. I will to add resources to the site to facilitate the development of OA journals. I would also appreciate suggestions for resources to be included in the annotated resource links page.

PS:  Congratulations, David!