Friday, January 25, 2008

New blog for students about OA

Gavin Baker has launched Open Students, a new blog about OA for students.  From his introductory post:

Welcome to Open Students, a new blog for students about open access to research.

I’m Gavin Baker, the community manager for Open Students. I graduated from the University of Florida in 2007, in political science. As a student, I was involved in a number of initiatives to support open access, which you can read about here. I’m pleased now to be launching Open Students as a platform to engage the student community, and as a forum to encourage dialogue.

Open Students is proudly sponsored by SPARC, the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition, as part of its student outreach activities.

Over the coming weeks, I’ll be writing about issues that affect students, covering the latest news, and introducing a great cast of contributors and guest bloggers from all walks of life. So check back often or subscribe to our RSS feed — and tell a friend!

We’re changing the way that research is disseminated. We are Open Students.

Comment.  Welcome to Gavin and Open Students.  When SPARC honored the student campaign for OA with its Innovator Award in December 2007, it named five students in particular as agents of change, and Gavin was one, "The Professional".  I'll be a regular reader.