May 05, 2005
Moodle Support Group (MSG)
Suggested Agenda for 1st Meeting
- new version for implementation. 1.5 is almost ready (could we have a test version up perhaps?). 1.6 is slated to be available by August. This is important for me because it's the version that will have blogs in it.
- Organising courses. Currently we have departmental categories. I would like to propose that we implement categories based on departments. How should we tackle interdepartmental courses? How should we handle courses that are now in the Moodle system – we need some way of making them accessible to faculty without confusing current usage. Also, how do manage copying resources and other stuff from old courses into new ones (backup/restore)?
- A faculty has asked whether we could import student names and pictures from the EC Facebook.
- Could we have all faculty and students pre-enrolled and courses presetup? Dusko?
- Reporting procedures for bugs and issues. I'd like to have an easy to use procedure where students and faculty can record problems, issues and apparent bugs. Despite my best efforts (not good enough) I still end up getting news of problems by hearsay. Eg, Welling Hall asserted that a student assistant in one course had been able to see other student's grades in a different course; an assertion that I was unable to replicate.
- backup / Restore files > 64Mb.
Improvements in v1.5
Posted by markp at May 5, 2005 05:34 PM
Before I make my request too detailed, can someone here answer my basic questions about moodle?
I’ve uploaded version 1.5 to my yahoo! web hosting site, created a mysql database on yahoo and am having trouble getting install.php going…get stuck on the same screen…not sure what to do from here.
If you can help, I’d be glad to send more information…really, I’ll do anything!