Senior Faculty Fellow in Classics
Peter and I resigned our teaching positions at Earlham at the end 2003 and now reside full time in Brooksville, Maine. Peter will be employed as a researcher, writer and consultant on behalf of "open access" initiatives. Liffey will find opportunities to teach at the high school level and in adult education programs. We both cherish the years we have spent at Earlham and look forward to many more years of lively and fruitful relationships with the college. We are maintaining our Earlham e-mail addresses.
Grew up in Washington, D. C.
- Stanford University, B.A. in Greek (1973), Ph.D. in Classics (1989)
- St. John's College, Annapolis (1970-72)
- New England Conservatory of Music , piano (1969-70)
- Orono(Maine) Chamber Music School (1969)
- Kneisel Hall Chamber Music School (1968)
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart (1962-1969)
- Sidwell Friends (1957-1962)
- Professor of Classics, Earlham College: 1978-present.
- Teaching interests: Ancient Greek, Latin, Greek philosophy, Greek and Roman literature, Mythology, Women in Antiquity, Etymology, Earlhams Humanities Program, "Greek and Latin Roots of English," Explore-a-College, August Academic Term, May Term in Greece, 1998.
- Married to Peter Suber, Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College.
- Two daughters, two cats, one lab, one minivan . . .
- Classical Studies at Earlham.
- Philosophy at Earlham.
- For genealogy of Day-Jones-Nason-Thorpe please see my GenCircles pages.
A few family photos:
The Whole Family
by Lilian Suber Thorpe, age 6
Waiting to hear from you.
Revised Spring 2003
Tis true, theres magic in the web of it... Shakespeare