Connecting to the Internet: Wireless
We have wireless coverage (802.11n) throughout the
campus buildings including the off-campus houses and the
residential halls. We also have coverage on the Heart
and are working to expand to additonal green spaces on
The wireless registration process has been automated
for all devices that have a web browser available. To
get connected to the wireless network:
1) Select the "Register to ECWireless" network
2) Open a web browser (Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox,
etc.) and try navigating to an off-campus site. You
should be re-directed to the following page.
3) Log into theHeart using your college e-mail username
(without the "@earlham.edu") and your password.
4) Select Network Registration from within the
Information Services tab
5) Select the correct information from the pull down
menus and submit registration.
6) Log out of theHeart and close your browsers.
7) Select the "ECWireless" network.
8) Open a browser and try navigating to an off-campus
9) Authenticate with your EC username and password on
the "Welcome to the ResNet" screen.
10) Install the Safe Connect policy key.
11) Once your system passes the security checks
(up-to-date patches and Anti-Virus software), you will
have connectivity to the Earlham Network.
If you have any problems, please visit the Computing
HelpDesk on the main floor of Lilly Library.