Connecting to the Internet: Ethernet
In order to connect your computer to the Earlham wired
must have a CAT5 RJ-45 patch cable. Ethernet cables can
also be purchased in the
Connect one end of the cable into the computer and the
into the data jack. Turn on the computer.
Open a web browser (Chrome, IE, Safari,
etc.) and try navigating to an off-campus page. You
should be re-directed to the following page.
1) Log into theHeart using your college e-mail username
(without the "@earlham.edu") and your password.
2) Select Network Registration from within the
Information Services tab.
3) Select the correct information from the pull down
menus and submit registration.
4) Log out of theHeart and close your browser windows.
5) Open a new browser and try navigating to an
6) Authenticate with your EC username and password on
the "Welcome to the ResNet" screen.
7) Install the Safe Connect policy key.
8) Once your system passes the security checks
(up-to-date patches and Anti-Virus software), you will
have connectivity to the Earlham Network.
If you have any problems, please visit the Computing
HelpDesk on the main floor of Lilly Library.